- This event has passed.
Responsible Leather Round Table (RLRT) Meeting
May 19 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am EDT
Topic: Animal Welfare and Leather
Agenda: (Learn more here)
- RLRT HUB online community launch (Taylor Bittenbender, Membership Coordinator, Textile Exchange)
- Leather Impact Accelerator: Animal Welfare Scope (Anna Heaton, Animal Welfare External Expert, and Anne Gillespie, Director of Impact Acceleration, Textile Exchange)
- Achieving meaningful animal welfare improvements in the leather supply chain through the LIA Benchmark and beyond (Sara Shields, Senior Scientist, Farm Animals, Humane Society International)
- Existing Animal Welfare Requirements: Farmer’s Perspective (Max Makuvise, CEO, Makera Cattle Company)
- Implementation of Cattle Welfare Practices as a Routine in Beef Cattle Farms (Mateus Paranhos da Costa, Professor, UNESP)
- Minerva’s Approach to Animal Welfare and Its Relation to the Leather Quality (Flavia Pignata, Quality Corporate Manager, and Mr. Otavio Klein, Commercial Corporate Manager, Minerva Foods).